Around every corner, always protect the engine that powers you – Dwayne Johnson
Whenever you see that familiar and decidedly unwelcome dark patch appear on your driveway or in your favorite parking space, your heart always sinks.
Knowing that your car’s motor has started leaking is enough to ruin anyone’s day, and the more you think about it, the more you start to magnify what the potential result of that leak could mean for your car, its motor, and you and your pocketbook.
The minute you see oil on the ground, your mind starts racing, it’s human nature. You start thinking about all the catastrophic mechanical failures and motor issues that it could be a symptom of.
Every potential engine-related disaster runs through your head and you start to do a million and one different financial calculations in an attempt to work out how you’re going to be able to afford and pay for the repairs that usually follow the dreaded slow drip of oil.
But you don’t need to start worrying, and you certainly don’t need to leapfrog the next five financial steps and think about what you can cut out of your family budget to keep your car running. As they get older, engines begin to leak, but it isn’t the end of the world and there is a low-cost, easy way to control the leak that won’t put a large, painful dent in your bank balance.
And that’s where we come in. We’ve searched high and low to find the best engine oil stop leak additives that you can add to your car’s motor to stop that leak in its tracks and restore your peace of mind, and your faith in your daily driver. It’s time to turn your frown upside down and find the ideal, easy to use pocketbook friendly leak fix…
Best Engine Oil Stop Leak Additives Reviews
It isn’t just the leaks that appear directly underneath the motor of your car that can keep you awake at night, anywhere where oil shows up while you’re parked up can make you break out in an equally uncomfortable, panic-induced cold sweat.
But a dose of Bar’s Rear Main Sealer will wipe your forehead, cool you down, and seal all of the leaks that are plaguing your car.
As well as effectively sealing any and all motor leaks, Bar’s will also put paid to any timing cover, cam seal, and main rear seal leaks, and plug any other problematic, difficult to cure leaks too.
Just pour a bottle of Bar’s into your crankcase (in the same place on your motor where you add engine oil), and within one hundred miles or two days, whichever comes first, of driving your car, the previously problematic leaks will be a thing of the past.
Designed to restore the rear main seal to an almost new condition and apply a little loving and tender care to all of the other seals it passes to reach it, Bar’s was also made to work with both diesel and gasoline motors.
And regardless of the type of oil that you use to keep your car in prime mechanical condition, Bar’s will do what it’s been doing since nineteen forty-seven. It’ll keep your motor running, your rear seal dry, and your car on the roa
- All In One – It’ll effectively seal all of the leaks from the front to the rear of your motor, and help you to sleep peacefully again.
- Forty-Eight Hour Fix – Any and all troubling leaks will be shored up and sealed two days after you’ve poured a bottle of Bar’s into your crankcase.
- Both Motors – It doesn’t matter if your car runs on gasoline or diesel Bar’s works equally well with both.
- It Doesn’t Get On Well With Older Models – While it’s a sealing demon and plugs the leaks that other additives just can’t reach on just about every vehicle under a decade old if your car is slightly older than that, then Bar’s might not work. The older your car, the less effective Bar’s is.
As a statement of intent, No Leak’s name couldn’t be more direct or make its point with any more clarity than it does.
It was designed and manufactured to stop all of the leaks that’ll trouble your car and keep all your car’s oil inside its motor and repair all of the seals at the same time.
Think of No Leak as being a miracle cure for the tired, worn-out seals in your motor, crank, and rear bearing, as it works to soften and breathe new life into the seals that it comes into contact with. It’ll put paid to all the leaks and in most cases, help to stop your motor smoking too.
And age and diet don’t matter to No Leak, as it’ll work with just about any engine and doesn’t care if your car runs on gasoline or diesel or what kind of oil you use to keep your motor ticking. Whatever motor it’s poured into, it’ll stop the leaks and give it a new lease of life.
Just pour it into your crankcase and carry on with your life. It’ll do the rest, and before you know it, those troublesome patches of oil will stop appearing on your driveway and your car will be purring like new again.
It says No Leak on the bottle, and it’ll do exactly what it says it will on the sticker if you add it to your engine.
- Restorative Power – Adding it to your motor is like letting your car drink from the fountain of youth. It’ll restore, and breathe new life, into any problematic seals that might be causing your motor, crank, or rear main bearing to leak.
- No Smoking Area – No Leak can also eliminate any oil-related smoking problems that your motor has fallen victim to. It’ll help your car to become a no-smoking area again.
- Diesel And Gasoline – Regardless of the fuel that your car uses, and the type of oil that runs through its motor, No Leak will do exactly what it was designed to. It’ll revitalize any of the seals that it touches and stop any leaks dead in their tracks.
- It Takes It’s Time – It isn’t an overnight fix and it’ll take some substantial mileage and time for it to effectively seal all of the leaks. It’ll do it, but it just might not stop that troubling leak as quickly as you
Whatever the leak and wherever the problem is, ATP Re-Seal can fix it. Oil leaking from your motor? Not a problem, ATP can handle it. Transmission or the power steering dripping oil?
Don’t worry, Re-Seal can plug those gaps too, and it’ll also stop any differential and hydraulic leaks too. It’s the one-stop seal restorer that can cure any, and all, of the leaks that could potentially halt your car in its tracks.
It’s fast, effective, and gets to work immediately by transforming the dried up, worn out, and cracked seals in all your car’s vital systems into effective parts of the whole again.
We’re not going to pretend that we understand the science behind this modern miracle, but apparently, ATP’s restorative powers are due to something called plasticizers which can turn back time for the seals in your car and make them as good as new again.
And the best thing about Re-Seal? It’s completely safe for your car, so whether you use it in the motor, the transmission, or anywhere else, it won’t harm your vehicle, it’ll only help it.
It doesn’t matter if you’re using traditional motor oil, a synthetic blend, or a high performance, high mileage variety, Re-Seal will just add itself to the mix and work its magic on all of the seals that need a little extra care to be brought back from the brink of death.
You don’t need to worry about whether your motor is powered by diesel or gasoline either, as ATP will work just as well with both. It’s the cure-all seal solution for every car.
- Fast Acting – While a lot of engine oil stop leak additives can take a little time to help the seals return to their former glory, ATP gets to work straight away and you should start seeing the results almost as soon as you’ve added it to your motor, or wherever else you need to use it
- Not Just Gasoline – It’ll work just as well with diesel and gasoline motors, so whichever pump you use to fuel your car, ATP will bring your seals back to life
- More Than Motors – It doesn’t matter where the leak is coming from on your car, as long as you use ATP Re-Seal, it’ll stop it in next to no time.
- What’s A Little Smoke Between Friends? – Re-Seal can dilute the oil in your car’s motor, which can lead to a little blue smoke on startup and in between gear changes, but as long as you keep an eye on the oil level in your motor and keep it topped up, it’s perfectly safe to use and won’t damage your car.
BlueDevil is a force majeure in the automotive world and if your car has a problem and no-one else can help you, and if you can find them, you’ll be in safe hands with BlueDevil.
Favored by more eco-conscious drivers as a leak-stopping weapon of choice because it’s environmentally friendly, BlueDevil is an effective and easy way to stop your motor from losing any of its precious oil.
Designed to be a permanent solution to all of the seal problems that can befall your cars motor, BlueDevil doesn’t use any of the more dangerous petroleum-related products that can end up wreaking havoc under the hood of your car, it’s just been made to plug all of the leaks and bring the seals in your motor back to life.
And whatever fuel you use, whether you’re a diesel devotee or a gasoline groupie, it doesn’t matter to BlueDevil, as it’ll do exactly what it’s supposed to regardless of the fuel pumping through the heart of your motor.
It may not be the quickest solution on the market but is one of the most effective and forward-thinking additives, as BlueDevil will not only save your motor, it’ll also help you to save the planet at the same time.
Sometimes, even the Devil can make a difference.
- Diesel And Gasoline – BlueDevil doesn’t care how you fuel your car, it’ll stop your motor leaking whether there’s gasoline or diesel in its tank.
- A Permanent Fix – It’s been made to bring most of the seals in your motor back to life and act as a permanent solution to all of your leaking problems.
- Environmentally Friendly – BlueDevil doesn’t use any harmful additives, chemicals, or solvents, so it’s as friendly to the planet as it is to your motor. And if it could, BlueDevil would probably give you a hug too.
- Gasket Problems – For some inexplicable reason known only to BlueDevil, it has a problem sealing head gasket leaks. So if you know your head is leaking, it might not be the wisest choice of leak additive to use.
- Doesn’t Play Well With Synthetics – And if you use synthetic oil, you might want to pass on BlueDevil, as it doesn’t play well, or work, with synthetic oil.
What could be better than fixing the leak in your motor?
What if we told you that there was an additive that wouldn’t just fix the leak but could also improve your motor’s efficiency and performance at the same time, that would be better than a simple fix, wouldn’t it? Well, that’s what Lucas Oil’s Engine Stop Leak can, and will, do if you add it to your car’s motor.
Lucas Oil’s additive restores the seals in your motor to their prime, won’t cause any damage or create corrosion issues, doesn’t contain any harmful solvents, and actually increases oil pressure while reducing oil consumption and engine noise. And when you couple all of that with the fact that it’s also incredibly affordable, it’s little wonder that this additive is so popular.
If there was such a thing as an engine oil stop leak crown, Lucas would have walked off with it years ago, and they’d still be wearing it now. They were, are, and always will be the oil additive choice of champions.
- No More Leaks And A Tune-Up – It won’t just stop your oil leaks, it’ll increase your motor efficiency too.
- Cut-Rate – And it’ll do all of that a fraction of the cost of every other oil stop leak additive. We don’t know how Lucas does what they do, we’re just grateful that they do it.
- No Diesel Fun – As long as you’re running a gasoline motor, it doesn’t matter what kind of oil you’re using, Lucas will cure all of your motor leaks and improve its performance. But if you drive a diesel, don’t even think about adding Lucas to your motor, as it just won’t work.
Best Engine Oil Stop Leak Additives Buying Guide
Which Engine Oil Stop Leak Additive Is The Right One For My Car?
That depends entirely on two factors – do you drive a diesel or a gasoline car?
If you drive a gasoline car, the only additive that you should ever think about adding to your motor to cure any leak is the one that’ll stop the oil flowing out of your car and increase its performance at the same time, and that’s the oil stop leak additive that Lucas Oil makes.
However, if your car is powered by a diesel motor, then in order to fix all of your motor leaks and offset the carbon footprint that your car creates, the only additive in our list that you should even consider adding to your motor is BlueDevil’s patented seal renewal additive.
As friendly to the planet as it is to your motor, it’ll help you to stave off any unwanted garage bills and ensure that the future is bright and full of promise at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is An Engine Oil Stop Leak Additive?
An engine oil stop leak additive is a liquid that has been designed to be added to the oil in the motor of your car to stop any and prevent further, oil leaks that could end up seriously damaging the engine of your car.
Designed to work in most engines and with almost any oil, these additives are made to repair any existing damage and ensure that no new leaks occur.
They work by renewing the seals that are commonplace in every motor and by reversing any damage that they’ve suffered. As ninety-nine percent of any oil leaks are caused by dried up and worn out seals, engine oil additives are an easy to use and effective way to repair the seals without having to take your car to a garage.
If they’re used quickly and correctly, they can prevent any number of mechanical issues and can vastly prolong the lifespan of a motor, and increase its performance.