A hydraulic torque wrench is a complex yet powerful working tool with which, you can do a lot of intricate works in just seconds. You can get a lot of torque wrenches available n the market but such a torque wrench is a bit different in mechanism although they are all the same in the working principle.
A natural torque wrench is solely for homely or personal use where you are in need of small and delicate works. But when the working volume is greater compared to the amount of strength required, a hydraulic torque wrench is very necessary. Moving forward to this guide, you’ll get to know why such a torque wrench is very important.
Hydraulic Torque Wrench in Human Life
A torque wrench is solely an engineering tool that is required to do a lot of delicate works. The word, “torque wrench,” means that, an engineering tool required to apply torque very carefully and measurably. A torque wrench is used for small works like mounting scopes of rifles but when the work is big in quality and complication, you’ll require a hydraulic torque wrench.
The main difference is that these torque wrenches are not ever used for home purposes, as they require a high level of requirements. Most of these torque wrenches are used in industries or factories or industries. Some of the big garages also use hydraulic torque wrenches in their workshops.
When to Use a Hydraulic Torque Wrench?
When industrial torque wrenches are required, then a hydraulic torque wrench is truly necessary and certainly is the best torque wrench. These sort of torque wrenches are truly necessary when you Are working with big results. For example, when you are working in the plumbing industry, you’ll need to fix and screw big fasteners for splicing/jointing. In such cases, you’ll certainly need a hydraulic torque wrench.
These wrenches are truly necessary so that you can do big works very precisely. Moreover, when you are working in big products, you’ll see that you’ll need to tighten a good number of screws compared to small ones.
In such cases, you have to make sure that all the portion around any flange is symmetrically tightened. If you do it with bare hands and without any measurement, you are sure to have problems in the long run. Therefore in order to fix the flange very perfectly, a torque wrench with perfect tightening calculation is highly mandatory.
What is the Hydraulic Mechanism With the Torque Wrench?
The best torque wrench is something, which will do your necessary works very precisely. Hydraulic mechanism is an addition to the best torque wrench when you require a great amount of force that cannot be applied through bare hands or lever mechanism.
The hydraulic mechanism works with the help of different oil-based fluids that help to increase the amount of applied force through the process of force amplification. Hydraulic mechanism adds up two or more pipes into the torque wrench and applied force gets amplified through the fluid mechanism.
Main Characteristics of a Hydraulic Torque Wrench
You can easily distinguish between a generic torque wrench and a hydraulic torque wrench. The main points that you’ll observe are-
- The amount of torque applied to the working specimen is all in all done through fluid means that is hydraulic means. In mere torque wrenches, the amount of applied force is driven through bare hands.
- Hydraulic wrenches are self-ratcheting. All you do is just set up the amount of force required and the torque wrench will decide itself that how much ratcheting is required. Through this process, you’ll see no hassle and all the fasteners will be uniformly tightened. Through applying the same process in reverse, you can easily unscrew all the fasteners very smoothly.
- Disregarding the drivers and the pipes filled with fluids, there must be another portion that will calculate the amount of torque that is required for an application. This is the part that accurately defines the amount of torque to apply.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Hydraulic Torque Wrench?
There are a few numbers of advantages of using a hydraulic torque wrench over any typed of wrenches in industries like-
- Hydraulic wrenches are best for usage due to its quiet and efficient performance. This is a tool that is sure to provide zero sound pollution.
- Using a hydraulic wrench helps you to work with less energy. You can do a work that will require more men to do a single task. This is the main advantage of using such a tool. It doesn’t only saves cost and time but also saves a lot of manpower and energy.
- A hydraulic wrench is highly reliable and efficient at work. All you’ll need is to hold the tool at the place where you want it to work; nothing else is required.
Demerits of Using a Hydraulic Torque Wrench
Although there are a good number of advantages there are a few disadvantages hydraulic torque wrenches pass to the user-
- These sort of engineering tools are highly costly and expensive compared to extra manpower.
- You’ll need greater attention than any other wrenches of this type. Although it is saving a lot of time this material will keep you busy while you are working.
- Hydraulic torque wrenches require fluids for hydraulic operations, which are highly expensive. The hydraulic mechanism is very complicated and if any error occurs in that mechanism, the overall measurement and calculation might go wrong and your product might wear and tear in that case.
Industries nowadays are going through the automation process and this tool is certainly something that will save total cost compared to the return on investment. As these sorts of products return with high revenues, industries have started to shift any sort of torquing mechanism to hydraulic operative mechanisms.
When you are working and talking about solutions, then a hydraulic torque wrench is highly appreciating because if you use it, you’ll see that a work that should require at least an hour can be done within minutes!